Gert-Jan Steeneveld, Grant coordinator
Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) conference grants
Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECI < 8 years from PhD) from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs) participating to the Action to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the COST Action.
▪ Conferences must take place before 30 September 2023
▪ After the conference a scientific report and the relevant documentation must be submitted within 30 days of the end of the conference or before 10 October 2023, whichever comes first.
- Applicants must be a PhD student or an Early Career Investigator (ECI).
- The applicant’s primary affiliation must be in an institution located in FAIRNESS (CA20108) participating Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC). The ITCs are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
- Attendance at European conferences is preferred (but elsewhere will be considered). Online conferences are also accepted.
- Applicants must be first author and presenter of an oral/poster presentation at the conference and be listed in the official event/conference programme.
- FAIRNESS COST Action (CA20108) should be acknowledged both in the book of abstracts and in the oral/poster presentation following COST guidelines
A fixed financial contribution to the overall expenses incurred during the participation in a conference (not more).
The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
▪ Up to a max of EUR 2000 for onsite meeting
– Up to a max of EUR 500 for virtual meeting
Also, when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant.
The amount granted for each application will be determined during the evaluation process.
Multiple applications to several Actions by the same person to attend the same conference is strictly forbidden and may lead to the cancellation of the grant
How to apply
Interested researchers should:
- read carefully the rules detailed in this pdf: https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/10/COST-094-21-Annotated-Rules-for-COST-Actions-Level-C-2021-11-01-1.pdf
- register in the FAIRNESS Action web page at https://e-services.cost.eu/activity/grants
- register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/.
- fill in and submit the ITC application form in the e-COST platform, selecting Apply for New Grant and then ITC Conference Grant.
The following documents are required:
- CV of the applicant
- a short description of involvement in the FAIRNESS COST Action,
- letter from the conference organizers stating that the abstract has been accepted as an oral/poster presentation
- the abstract submitted to the conference
- invitation letter from the conference organizers (if available).
Related presentations :
University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Novi Sad, Serbia