10:00-11:00CET on the 26th January 2024
It is our pleasure to inform you
the COST Association together with the European Institute of Innovation and Technology
is organizing a webinar to bring you updated on the next edition of the EIT
pre-Jumpstarter scheme. A dedicated webinar is organized for COST Action participants from the
countries eligible under this scheme.
Registration to the event is already open
What is the EIT Jumpstarter?
- EIT Jumpstarter is the award-winning pre-acceleration programme for scientists, researchers, and innovators, who want to validate their idea and develop business skills to create and run its own start-up.
- The programme, powered by the EIT Community, focuses on talents coming from the countries located in Central, Eastern and Southern Europe (further specified below), where the overall pace of innovation is moderate or Modest, according to the European Innovation Scoreboard.
- EIT Jumpstarter has brought to live already 90 startups and trained over 800 researchers, scientists, and professionals. It is free of charge and doesn’t require equity-shares. Thematic fields: Food, Health, Energy, Raw Materials, Urban Mobility, Manufacturing, New European Bauhaus, Rebuild Ukraine
Who are the participants?
- Researchers, scientists, professionals curious and eager to find solutions to some of the global intersectional challenges such as energy crisis, access to raw materials, health, well-being and active ageing, sustainable manufacturing or smart and livable cities. Very often they have necessary scientific background and research experience, but they lack business skills or have never validated their idea on the market.
- During the seven-month-long programme, the participants are equipped with a unique business skill set that is a must for future entrepreneurs, including business modelling and validation of the market need. They also gain best-in-class networking and understand how to bring their innovation from the lab to the market and make a potential impact in their respective industry.
- EIT Communities are carefully selecting the best candidates to enable quality peer-to-peer learning. The most promising teams will be awarded cash prizes for further development.
- The competition is open to all individuals and teams of natural persons – citizens of the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme eligible or Western Balkan countries
- Natural persons: researchers, master and PhD students or research groups from universities and research organizations; professionals, entrepreneurs or idea owners that have an idea/ solution that is targeting the scope of one of our categories and want to start a company.
- The newly created company connected to the business idea should be registered during the year of 2024 in one of the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme eligible countries and territories: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary,
Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo*, Türkiye, Ukraine, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Marrin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain).
- The applications can be submitted either by a single idea holder or by a team represented by a contact person.
- There is no pre-set number of members in a team, but maximum two (2) members are eligible for financing
- The programme is run in English.